Medan is the capital city of North Sumatra province in Indonesia, which is one of the entrances to the greatest Lake Toba and easily accessible because it has an international airport named Kualanamu.
How to Get There
Flight to Kualanamu Airport, Cyclists can easily touchdown to Medan via direct flight to Kualanamu International Airport from Jakarta, Surabaya, Singapore, & Kuala Lumpur. You can check the flight schedule on flight info To Medan and From Medan. (Be sure to ask the airline about any additional costs for transferring your bike and any specific parking requirements)
Booth Information, On August 19, there are Toba GranFondo’s Booth Information that you can find at Kualanamu Airport. The Booth Information is very helpful if you have any questions to asked for, the simply is they will give you a guide of ‘what to do’. Once cyclists arrived at Kualanamu, it’s our pleasure to taking advantage about participant’s priority.
FERRY FROM PENANG TO MEDAN :
If you’re from Malaysia, you can travel to Medan across the sea by Ferry. It will take about 6-7 hours ferry trip between Penang – Medan. For check in to queue up to get through customs, you need to arrive at least one hour before departure (example: arrive at 8.30 if the ferry departs at 9.30).
|Daily Departures||Penang||Medan||Cost (one way)|
|Monday – Saturday||9.00 AM & 9.30 AM||10.30 AM & 11.00 AM||About RM 110 or IDR 360k|
|Sunday||9.00 AM||10.30AM||About RM 110 or IDR 360k|
TRANSPORTATION FROM KUALANAMU AIRPORT TO SANTIKA HOTEL, MEDAN :
- Railink Train, If you search for transportation from Kualanamu Airport to the Santika Hotel, you can getting there via Railink from Kualanamu Railink Station that only take about 30 minutes comfortable ride. Besides, we’ll arrange to picking up the participants from Medan Station to Santika Hotel. Kualanamu Railink cost is about IDR 100.000.
- Rent Car, If you want to rent a car or other vehicle, TRAC will be a good choice for your solutions. Just contact: 061-847-0909 or visit: TRAC-Astra Rent a Car
- Other Transportation, You can take the other transportation like a rent car, bus, travel agent, or any public transportation. For more information about all transportation, please contact our transportation committee, Rizal : 0812-6007-8666
Medan map from Hotel Santika to Governor Office :
Situation Map :
Situation Map info:
Friday, August 19 (Grey line)
Participants arrival at Kualanamu International Airport, then going to Santika Hotel Medan by Railink train or shuttle car.
Saturday, August 20 (Yellow line)
Event Day 1 Start cycling from Medan to Simalem, pitstop at Kabanjahe.
Sunday, August 21 (Green & Orange line)
Event Day 2 Start cycling from Simalem to Parapat, pitstop at TO view point Simarjarunjung.
Participants which not stay overnight in Niagara Hotel Parapat are get picked up to Kualanamu Airport right after finish by Shuttle Bus/Car & Truck via Pematangsiantar & Tebingtinggi.
Monday, August 22 (Pink line)
Participants which staying overnight in Niagara Hotel Parapat are recommended for order travel ticket via Silangit Airport.
HOW TO GET BACK FROM PARAPAT :
- The trip estimation time from Parapat to Medan is taking about 5 – 6 hours duration.
- The Participants from other package exclude ULOS are recommended to grab the flight ticket to way back via Silangit Airport, Siborong-borong.
- Silangit Airport is reachable about less than 1 hour from Parapat.
FOR ULOS PACKAGE :
- ULOS participant are the eligible package to get the pick-up service from Parapat to Medan right after the event’s closing ceremony, on August 21 leaving at 02.00 PM and will be arrive at 06.00 PM.
- ULOS participants are still available to grab the last flight at Kualanamu Airport or deciding to have a one more night at Medan for waiting the other flight Schedule on next day.
- For your information, here is the flight schedule info from Kualanamu Airport Medan.
- If you still not getting the flight ticket, you can find many options of good hotel at Medan near the Kualanamu Railink Station.
- We’re recommending D’Primahotel for the best hotel accommodation option at Medan, a good quality hotel and the nearest one from Railink Train Station.
- Kualanamu International Airport can be reach with only 30 minutes via Railink Train from Medan.
NEAREST HOTEL OPTIONS FROM THE STATION :